|| R-EVOLVE || 30 SECONDS TO MARS FRANCE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

|| R-EVOLVE || 30 SECONDS TO MARS FRANCE

AccueilS'enregistrerDernières imagesMTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE Galeri11Connexion

MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE

+3
Morgane.mow
Angelus
Flamby
7 participants
AuteurMessage
Flamby
Appelez moi Echelon
Flamby

MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE Empty
MessageSujet: MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE   MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE EmptyDim 20 Mai 2012 - 14:59

MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE Echelon2

They build life-saving wells, put roofs over struggling heads and plant trees in devastated regions. So when The Echelon, 30 Seconds to Mars fierce phan army, decides to get together in a major way– you better believe they throw one helluva philanthropic party.

Their first-ever international conference – Echelon: The Gathering 2012 — was held in Lisbon, Portugal from March 31 to April 1 and we caught up with the organizers, Rita Guerra, 31, from Portugal (@SunshineEchelon) and Cathy Lesko, 20, from Hungary (@cathyleszko) to get the inside deets on this rad rendezvous of the band’s most passionate followers.

Some 150 Echelon from 22 countries including Qatar, Lebanon, Romania, U.S., Australia, and U.K. headed to Portugal in the biggest event ever for the band’s fans. The agendaincluded presentations like “The Echelon – What does it mean to belong?” and “Mars saved my life – an Echelon’s story” (more on that below!) plus an entire session completely focused on the mystery and magic behind the symbols like the “triad” used on 30STM album covers and swag. Yeah, these kids went DEEP into some Martian mythology, y’all.

But what’s really impressive is how deep they dug when it came to giving back. This Is A Call To Arms (a one-stop shop for all charity-related 30STM endeavors) and The Echelon House (building homes with Habitat for Humanity) were in attendance to share their positive impact plans plus the conference itself donated 622 euros to a local Portuguese animal rescue association as well as 500 euros to other non-profit projects. And oh yeah, the Life on Mars crew also sponsored a baby tiger in Lisbon’s Zoo — how friggin adorbs is that?! Learn more about this inspiring gathering in our Q&A with Rita below– and then take Action with The Echelon below!

ACT: So why did you choose Portugal as the location for the conference?

RITA: We had an online poll with 12 European cities and Lisbon won. Because this had never been done before, we had the poll going for several months. First, from August 23rd to October 15th; then, we chose the 5 top cities and had the vote open till December 1.

ACT: How did you get Shannon Leto to DJ at the conference? That’s so cool!

RITA: We first approached Shannon directly in Amnéville [in France] on November 19, in the meet & greet after the show. I asked him if he and Antoine would do an after party for the Conference and he was interested and told me to contact his manager. Later on, when the city was decided, I contacted Positiva Agency, which had arranged for a previous after party with them in 2011. They were interested in having a party following the conference and we reached an agreement and worked together.

ACT:Y’all focused on animal welfare for your charity efforts at the conference with the local rescue group and baby tiger sponsorship at the Lisbon Zoo. Why was that?

RITA: We are particularly sensitive to animals in this time of crisis. The baby tiger was sponsored not by the Conference but by Life on Mars group (which I’m part of) because it is an endangered species and support for the Lisbon Zoo is more needed now, with the country in a deep recession. I told the band about it in the Paris Meet & Greet on November 12 and Tomo [lead guitarist for 30SM] said he himself had sponsored a number of animals, which made me very happy. I offered Jared the name card of the tiger’s sponsor that the Zoo gave us, which is registered as “EchelonPortugal”

ACT: This session sounded really intense: ”Mars saved my life – an Echelon’s story” – can you tell us more about Lovisa Wallin’s story?

RITA: Lovisa gave a very emotional speech, one that people truly admired. She was in a very dark place a couple of years ago, absolutely on the verge of doing something really bad to herself. No self-confidence whatsoever, no hope in the future, a truly unhappy person, not even capable of traveling. Mars and the Echelon changed everything for her. Gave her a sense of purpose, and a sense of not being alone, belonging to something. I have seen her transformation, from someone who was afraid to talk to someone to a person who traveled alone to New York to go to Mars 300 and someone who is even considering moving to the States and leave her homeland to pursue her dreams. She went from that dark place to being full of light, and I have never seen someone transform this way. Her love for the band is amazing. And this is not the first person I’ve seen transform their life 180 degrees because of 30 Seconds to Mars. Me included.

ACT: Why do you think The Echelon always puts so much emphasis on giving back and making a difference?

RITA: The band encourages us to do so. The second album A Beautiful Lie really made an impact in our conscientiousness; plus the emphasis is on follow your dreams, never give up, leave a mark in this world. In the last show of 2011, in the Church of St Peter’s in New York, Jared made us all kneel down and make a promise to ourselves: that we would follow our dreams no matter what, have deep real relationships, go that extra mile. In the meet and greet, me and Lovisa told him how we met and he said: “that’s what you need to do, keep having adventures together even when we are not around”. We are so grateful for everything the band and the Echelon gave us, we want to give back.

SOURCE : MTVact.com

Dernière édition par Flamby le Dim 20 Mai 2012 - 15:43, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Angelus
Mars Army New Soldier
Angelus

[0401-011-2019]

MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE   MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE EmptyDim 20 Mai 2012 - 15:19

Interview émouvante, et super projet cette conférence, j'aurais beaucoup aimer y participer !
Ça pour moi, ça représente vraiment l'Echelon, aider les autres, les actions humanitaires, continuer d'aider même quand le groupe n'est pas là et pas passer sa journée à se prendre le chou sur "Jared est plus beau que Shannon" ou "Hanlala t'as pas VyRT, shame on you !" . Leurs actions ont de réels impactes sur le monde, et je trouve ça beau.

Merci pour l'article !
Flamby
Appelez moi Echelon
Flamby

MessageSujet: Re: MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE   MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE EmptyDim 20 Mai 2012 - 15:42

De rien happy

Personne n'a vu que j'avais foiré mon lien par contre Caché MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE Ipb7
Morgane.mow
Apprenti Echelon
Morgane.mow

I will get my revenge

MessageSujet: Re: MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE   MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE EmptyDim 20 Mai 2012 - 16:25

Angelus a tout dit :stars:

Je trouve ça sublime!!
Mercii
Disenchanted
Habitué(e)
Disenchanted

MessageSujet: Re: MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE   MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE EmptyDim 20 Mai 2012 - 17:45

C'est vraiment une très belle interview.
J'en apprends tous les jours sur le groupe et ce qu'il y a autour, et je n'ai jamais vu ça ailleurs. C'est vraiment magnifique ce qu'ils sont capables de provoquer chez les personnes qui écoutent leur musique et s'inspirent de ce qu'ils leurs offrent, partagent avec elles! happy
angiiie
Apprenti Echelon
angiiie

Keep searching

MessageSujet: Re: MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE   MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE EmptyDim 20 Mai 2012 - 19:15

On retrouve l'esprit des débuts, je trouve ça vraiment super la façon dont les organisatrices ont réussi à mobiliser Shannon&Antoine et les fans et les démarches réalisées MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE Blush13

La personne parle vraiment bien en plus. Malgré tout le battage commercial autour d'eux en ce moment, ça fait du bien de voir ce genre d'initiatives, de voir qu'on peut croire encore assez en eux pour monter ce genre de projet !

Merci pour l'interview Flamby MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE 583622
LittleSweetie
Apprenti Echelon
LittleSweetie

I imagine I believe

MessageSujet: Re: MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE   MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE EmptyLun 21 Mai 2012 - 8:25

Tout le monde a déjà dit l'essentiel, très beau projet, très belle initiative.
Comme quoi certaines personnes sont encore capables d'organiser des actions concrètes, dans la lignée de ce qui a déjà pu être fait il y a déjà quelques années.
J'admire ces fans capables de tels projets, parce qu'ils/elles y croient et non pas parce qu'ils/elles espèrent une quelconque reconnaissance.
Chapeau !
Merci Flamby ! MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE 583622
Asvin
Apprenti Echelon
Asvin

furieusement zen

MessageSujet: Re: MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE   MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE EmptyLun 21 Mai 2012 - 10:29

merci pour le lien flamby
une action qui a du demander beaucoup d'efforts
bravo à eux
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE   MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE Empty

MTV Act: [INTERVIEW] 30 SECONDS TO MARS FANS GIVE BACK AT INTERNATIONAL ECHELON CONFERENCE
Page 1 sur 1